For International or Expedited Shipping please order by phone (304) 497-2756. Orders placed online will be shipped UPS Ground. Order a Catalog by Mail.
Get your weather data anywhere you are with sensors reading from a stable location. The AltaCom II is our top of the line weatherstation for racing.
The AltaCom II is used successfully by professional and sportsman in all IHRA and NHRA drag racing classes, and in NASCAR, SCCA, IROC, Formula One and offshore boat racing. These drivers and teams appreciate our responsive customer service, and the superior accuracy of our AltaCom II.
AltaCom II Standard Features
AltaCom II is an excellent weatherstation for tuning, racing and dyno work. The fan-aspirated remote sensor housing are mounted above the trailer roof or in the plenum. The remote cable permits flexible setup, with the console located for convenient viewing. The LCD on the console updates every 20 seconds. The console logs data to internal memory, and can be connected to a PC with the included serial cable for downloading and live data display on screen Both 12 volt power cord and 110 supply are included.
Front panel of the console showing scroll switch, backlit LCD and indicator lights.
Front and Rear Panels of AltaCom II
Rear panel of the console showing on-off switch, antenna connections, power jack, serial number, FCC ID, Remote Sensor Housing Connection, Serial Cable Connection, and extra data ports.
- Trailer Based (both 12 volt and AC Power)
- Fan-Aspirated Remote Sensors
- Professional Grade Sensors
- 4 measured and 7 Calculated Values
- Custom Calculations Available
- Digital Paging
- 3db Gain Mag-Mount Antenna
- Mounting Mast
- Weather Data Logging
- Customizable Pager Readout
- Merlin Prediction and Communication Software
- 26 pg. Merlin Software Manual
- Live Drag Racing Predictions (multiple vehicle)
- Run Graphing, Customizable Predictions
- Support for 3rd party Software Vendors
- Crew-Chief Software (iCard Support)
- Alta Weather (with iCard Support)
- RacePak Data Loggers
- Three Year Warranty
- Friendly Knowledgeable Tech Support
AltaCom II Options
- PRO Anemometer (wind speed and direction as well as maximum gust)
- Auxillary Temperature Sensor (Track Temp)
- Custom Cabling for larger trailers
- J10 and J20 Panel Mount Cable Connector for Custom Trailer Installations
- Permanent Mount Antenna
- Extra Pagers
2.5″h x 6.25″w x 8″d
weight 2.5 lbs
memory write interval = 10 minutes / 1021 samples
front panel LCD
rear panel has on/off switch and connections -DB25 f RS232, DB9 f to Remote Sensor Housing, power supply port
LCD is 2 x 16 character supertwist backlight, 20 sec update and scroll button
Additional Input Ports: 4 A/D RG11, 1 digital W/S
Remote Sensor Housing
- Durable ABS
- milled vents
- powerful ventilation fan
- Aluminum Solar Roof with Standoffs
- PVC Mounting Mast
Temperature 0 – 125 x 0.1F x 1% Semiconductor with a linear output.
Relative Humidity 0 – 100% x 0.1% x 3% IC (Integrated Circuit) with linear output and multi-point calibration for full scale repeatability.
Absolute Barometric Pressure 21 – 31.5″Hg x 0.01 x 0.1 IC with built-in signal conditioning and temperature compensation.
Ambient Light 0-1000 IC with linear output.