Merlin 8 Included
Merlin 8 ships FREE with Altalab Instrument weatherstations. Upgrades are free during the warranty period. There is no annual fee to update *. Merlin displays current weather, provides communications between the weatherstation and your computer, and has powerful tools for drag racing predictions. The current version is 8.2 for 64 bit versions of WinXP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. Merlin is available as a free download to registered owners, or shipped on thumb drive for a nominal fee.
When you purchase your weatherstation direct from Altalab, the Weather Texting Option is included free. For others, the Weather Texting Option is available for a one time fee.
Live Information Display
Merlin offers several options for viewing live weather on your PC.
Single Current Reading
All the weather variables at a glance, updating every 20 seconds.
All the weather variables at a glance, updating every five minutes, with accumulating readings onscreen. View as text or as a graph and watch weather trends unfold. Overlay weather from another day to compare and anticipate changes.
View live ET and TS predictions for up to 5 users.
Merlin Tools – Communication with the Altalab Weatherstation
Merlin provides communications between Altalab weatherstations and your PC.
Merlin Preferences Screen
- Customize which data is transmitted to the pager (Choose from 4 measured and 8 calculated)
- Turn ON/OFF optional Anemometer hardware
- Turn OFF previously created predictions
- Manually set weatherstation time
- Automatically set weatherstation time to your PC on launch
AltaCom Live Screen
- View Live Weather Readings
- View live 60′ ET and TS Predictions
- View and Graph Weather Trend
- Save and Print Weather Trend
- Overlay Weather Trend with Saved Weather
- Pick a Weather Reading to Export to RacePak
- Set Time and Date
- Calibrate and View Calibration Data
- Download Logged Weather Data from hardware
- Clear Data Logs
- Set up SMS (texting) and Paging
- turn Sensor fan off in inclement weather
ET and TS Predictions
- Graph Runs, Graph Runs by Lane, Graph Runs by Selection
- Predict ET and TS from a single run
- Predicts 60′
- Create and Transmit multiple predictions
- Customize predictions using Performance Factor
- Calculate Sea Level ET
- Calculate AA
- Determine Throttlestop Ratio
For sportsman drag racers, Merlin has powerful tools for ET and Throttlestop prediction. Automatic graphing lets you select the best references, and helps you spot and diagnose prediction and jetting problems. Merlin calculates Sea Level ET for each run, a valuable diagnostic tool for improving prediction accuracy.
Merlin lets the user handle multiple vehicles, and create live predictions for up to 5 vehicles. You can customize predictions for each vehicle separately. Store up to 16 runs per file, create as many files as desired.
Create separate predictions for high humidity and low humidity conditions, for left and right lane differences or any other factors that influence your vehicle.
Text (SMS and email) weather and Predictions.
Send current weather and predictions to your pager (AC4xR and legacy AC2).
The Merlin Manual is filled with step by step instructions and pictures to help racers quickly get up to speed. It can be found on your Merlin thumb drive and in a Help file within the Merlin program. downloads are available to registered owners.
- Step by Step Instructions
- Advanced ET and TS Prediction
- Sample Files and Tutorials
- Screenshots and Pictures
There may be a nominal charge for updates after the 3 year warranty has expired.